With hot summer days here, your air conditioning unit has been working hard to keep you and your family cool. To save on your utility bills and maximize your efficiency, A+ Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has some tips to stay cool all summer!
- Before each summer starts, you should have your air conditioning unit inspected and cleaned by a HAC professional. Typically, a tune-up isn’t too expensive and will help to keep your system running properly.
- Once a month, check your unit’s air filters and replace any that need it. Make sure to keep up with this during the summer since dust and allergens circulate the most throughout this time. When a filter is clogged, it causes your unit to work harder to provide you with cool air. Changing clogged filters is one of the best ways you can conserve energy and save money while using your air conditioning unit.
- To ensure your unit is running properly and efficiently, keep it in a shaded spot. Your unit will have an easier time to cool the air if it is in a shaded location.
- To make sure you thermostat stays cool, avoid placing heat-producing appliances, like lamps or TVs, near it. Your thermostat can detect the heat, which will cause your air conditioning to run longer than they need to. If you need to install a new thermostat, avoid putting it in a spot where the sun is constantly shining on it.
- For every degree that goes below 78, your energy use is increased by close to 8 percent.
- If you can be forgetful about your thermostat, consider installing a smart or programmable thermostat. That way, when you leave for work, you won’t have to worry about adjusting it.
If you’ve tried these tips and your air conditioning unit still isn’t working properly, it may be time to replace it. A+ Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is happy to offer our air conditioning installation and maintenance services! For a free estimate, contact us at (603) 518-5777 or by filling out our online contact form.