In addition to exceptional HVAC services, the experts at A Plus Heating & Air also install and maintain ducts and vents for residential and commercial buildings in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Our trained technicians are certified to work on any duct or ventilation project, small or large. For any project we ensure the following:
For every project, we do a complete inspection of the entire system including hard to get to areas such as the attic and crawlspaces. Once the inspection is complete, we will run diagnostics and evaluate the system’s efficiency. Many ventilation systems have ducts that are too small. Our trained professionals will repair any damaged ductwork and straighten out flexible ducts that may have been tangled or crushed over time. We then seal and repair any leaks or disconnected sections of ducts as well as seal the grills and vents where air enters the room. In areas where climate control is a challenge, we will
Many homeowners choose to work with a professional contractor for duct improvement projects. Most heating and cooling equipment contractors also repair ductwork. Look for a contractor that will:
- Inspect the whole duct system, including attic and crawlspaces.
- Evaluate the system’s supply and return air balance. Many systems have air return ducts that are too small.
- Repair damaged and disconnected ducts and straighten out flexible ducts that are tangled or crushed.
- Seal all leaks and connections with mastic, metal tape, or an aerosol-based sealant.
- Seal all registers and grills tightly to the ducts.
- Insulate ducts in unconditioned areas (like attics, crawlspaces, and garages) with duct insulation that carries an R-value of 6 or higher.
- Include a new filter as part of any duct system improvement. The contractor should evaluate air flow after repairs are completed.
- Ensure there is no back drafting of gas or oil-burning appliances, and conduct a combustion safety test after ducts are sealed.