Humidifiers aren’t just for when you’re sick and can be extremely beneficial for putting the moisture back in the air during the dry New England winters. While humidifiers will help prevent your family from getting sick, they also have numerous other benefits that range from personal benefits to benefits for the inanimate objects in your home.
1. Softer, Vibrant Skin. Have you noticed how dry your skin gets in the winter? It’s because the dry hair sucks all of the moisture out of your skin. Replacing that moisture in the air will have your skin looking and feeling healthier in no time.
2. Reduced Heating Costs. Humidifiers push moisture into the air, making it feel warmer than it is. When this happens, you’re able to turn down the temperature on your thermostat without feeling a difference in temperature. Keeping the teperature in your home down will in turn lower your heating costs.
3. Healthier Plants. Indoor plants can substaintally improve the oxygen quality in a home but suffer in cold, dry environments, especially if they’re meant to be in warm enironments. Running a humidifier in your home during the winter months will keep the indoor temperature warm and will keep the moisture in the air, which your plants will thrive off of.
4. Protected Wood Furnishings. Wood furniture that is exposed to cold temperature or is stored in areas that are exceptionally cold are more likely to get dried out, crack, deteriorate, and fade. Keep the furniture in your home protected by utilizing a humdifier to keep the moisture level present in the wood.
5. Improved Sleep. Dry, cold temperatures tend to cause dry throats and sinuses, which in turn cause individuals who don’t normall snore, to snore. Running a humidifier in your bedroom while you are sleeping will keep your throat and sinuses from becoming dry and reduce the amont of snoring.
6. Faster Healing Times. When you’re sick, your mouth, nasal cavities, and throat become dry, prolonging any symptoms you are experiencing. With a humidifier consistently running, you are
To learn more about the benefits of humidifiers or to have one installed in your home, give us a call today at (603) 518-5777.